Job Title: Intermediate Accountant
Department: Accounting and Finance
Reports To: Manager, Accounting
Purpose of Job
As part of a growing and dynamic Accounting team, the Intermediate Accountant, reporting to Manager, Accounting, will be responsible for providing support to the finance function by validating GL numbers, reconciling the General Ledger with Sub-Ledgers, performing Bank Reconciliations, and providing analysis. Assistance in developing Accounting Product Plans and providing support for existing and ongoing projects.
· Performing Bank reconciliations on a regular basis
· Validating GL balances by performing reconciliations between GL (SIT) and sub-ledgers. Following up with respective business units for clearance of reconciling balances and suggesting an appropriate course of action.
· Performing income and expense analyses and investigating reasons for variances on a periodic basis.
· Timely preparation of schedules and monthly deliverables with utmost vigilance and accuracy for review by Manager, Accounting.
· Recommending appropriate GLs and ensuring they have been adequately and correctly mapped.
· Development and maintenance of accounting product plans and procedure manuals.
· Act as a member of the project implementation team by participating in testing phases including SIT, UAT and others, if any. Update Accounting Manager with ongoing progress and keep the manager aware of all the key issues and project status
· Preparing assigned notes to financial statements
· Respond to ad hoc requests as required with a high degree of flexibility and attention to detail
· Reporting requests may require the candidate to collect, consolidate and analyze financial data derived from various sources
· The candidate may be required to assist in other areas of the Accounting and Finance department and other business units as needs arise
· Structure and regularly update key processes and develop relevant documentation with a view to enhance efficiencies and manage risk
· Log issues as soon as they are identified and work with concerned stakeholders to raise the issues and resolve them promptly.
· Providing support to Manager Accounting for auditor requirements.
· Proactively find ways to improve the technical accuracy, validation and organization of day to day deliverables.
· Degree in Accounting or Finance and working towards a Canadian Accounting designation
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an accounting function
· Working knowledge of reconciling accounts is required
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
· Quick in learning and getting acquainted with new software and processes
· Self-starter with strong attention to detail and well organized
· Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Strong time management skills to meet tight deadlines
· Should be able to work in a team setting and will work closely with other organizational managers to support their projects
· Proven ability to work under pressure and independently with high degree of accuracy
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities (multi-tasking)
- Type de paie Salaire
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada