Corporate Partnerships Manager
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Position: Corporate Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Head of Corporate Engagement and Partnerships
Position Term: Full time temporary – 6-8 months
Deadline: October 30, 2020
World Vision Canada’s Corporate Partnership Team strives to think differently and do differently as they strategically partner end-to-end with Canadian corporations to increase awareness and support for World Vision Canada’s beneficiaries. We are seeking a highly relational person with proven business development and persuasive selling skills to come join this energetic team. As a Corporate Partnership Manager your focus will be to foster positive relationships with current and prospective public and private corporations across Canada. Together with the rest of the team you will propose a variety of current World Vision offerings to corporations that include single donation opportunities, emergency response giving, gifts-in-kind solutions, special philanthropic projects, joint programming for grant applications, employee giving and engagement, corporate sponsorship and trips to see our international programming in action. You will have revenue targets to achieve that contribute towards the overall team goal. This role will report to the Head of Corporate Engagement & Partnerships and is supported by the Philanthropy Enablement Services teams.
This position requires a professional who has demonstrated an agility in approach during different contexts, showed an ability to be opportunistic as new circumstances have presented and patient to pursue and cultivate complex partnerships that have a high yield. If this is you, come help World Vision Canada save and improve the lives of more of the world’s most vulnerable children in dangerous places around the world.
- Through applying industry proven, account-based approach to opportunity pipeline management, will lead the development of World Vision Canada’s short- and long-term corporate partnership strategies with a focus on opportunities valued $100k-$1m per
- Develop and advance relationships with a network of CxOs of both national and international companies across all verticals proactively recommending ways to philanthropically or publicly partner to raise donations, Gift in kind, revenue or grant funding
- Actively build and nurture own portfolio of accounts and through various channels developing tailored customer journeys with the goal of growing engagement and revenue
- Create and attend networking opportunities that will grow and deepen World Vision Canada’s relationships with existing and prospective corporate stakeholders, influencers and government funding agencies
- Engages with corporate influencers through regular meetings and communications to share the offerings of World Vision where we provide humanitarian programming and show the life improving impact of their corporate donations and sponsorship dollars would have
- Ensure that all processes and procedures relative to corporate partnerships are compliant with Canada Revenue Agency regulations and directives, with Imagine Canada requirements as well as internal legal and risk department due diligence and directives.
- Experienced in achieving quarterly and annual revenue metrics at an increasing pace
- Highly relational and engaging, with an ability to quickly and effectively establish trust and confidence of prospects and existing audiences at all levels of a corporation
- Superior communicator across written and verbal communication platforms including public speaking and presentations to senior corporate executives
- Ability to develop creative solutions to align corporate donor’s interests, needs and goals with that of WVC and the field beneficiaries to achieve mutual gains.
- Highly adept at managing multiple projects, tracking progress and providing clear reporting, and prioritizing among competing imperatives to work most effectively toward revenue goals.
- Highly collaborative in a large organizational environment, with the ability to sensitively navigate within a diverse workplace and customer base.
- Minimum 5 years of progress roles in fundraising, business development and/or sales experience in a customer-focused organization or business.
- Leadership understanding of CRA charitable tax compliance; CFRE or CPA an asset.
- Degree in business, accounting, leadership or other relevant field or equivalent experience
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga, ON, Canada