Project Manager - Industrial Services
WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we
need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture,
engineering and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team
needs to be agile, ambitious and persistent in the pursuit of our shared
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old-fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects, primarily in the industrial sector, from inception through completion. This role will actively lead, direct and manage projects with a forward thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success, and will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the customer in all routine matters associated with the project. You will collaborate with clients to understand and manage their expectations. You will monitor project performance and manage the internal team to ensure successful project delivery.
This role will focus on project management of various sized Industrial projects ranging from $50,000 to $5,000,000 in construction value and in the areas of Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Food and Logistics. You may take on other focus areas throughout your tenure.
- You are relentless in your pursuit to be the best
- You are a big picture thinker who understands how to effectively listen to clients and build consensus
- You sweat the details in your commitment to meet our client’s high expectations
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking and working in a high-energy environment
- You are proactive, constant and consistent with your communication to both our client and our project team
- Post-secondary degree/diploma from a recognized institution; PMP, P.Eng, C.E.T., MAATO, Lic. Tech. OAA or A.Sc.T. would be considered an asset
- 5+ years of project management experience in any one of the following industries - Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Food and Logistics
- 2+ years in a client facing role
- Working knowledge of Revit and a project management-related program (Microsoft Project, Navis Works)
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; actively participating in the entire project life cycle from RFP response and preliminary design to the execution and close-out
- Monitor all project controls functions including resourcing, cost, schedule, risk and change management
- Recognize project risks and suggest suitable mitigation strategies; communicating risk to appropriate stakeholder(s)
- Maintain and develop new customer relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel
- Manage all aspects of client relationship, including meeting with clients, regular progress reporting and the resolution of issues as required
- Work with the design team, developing and monitoring design strategies to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Coordinate the preparation of engineering specifications, drawings, and quantity and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Generate and manage detailed design schedules and high-level construction schedules
- Monitor project budget hours and project schedule, and taking corrective action as required
- Be aware of and effectively utilize current and new design and project management technology and software
- Prepare reports, proposals, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Participate in internal PM Practice Working Group; assisting with the generation of internal PM protocols to streamline our processes
In this role you will work within the company safety policies and procedures and adhere to any applicable federal or provincial legislation.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about.
How to Apply
Please apply above. You can also visit our website for more career opportunities www.walterfedy.com/careers.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada