IT - Service Delivery & Bus. Relations - Service Delivery Desktop Specialist
POSITION :Service Delivery Desktop Specialist, Level 2
REPORTS TO: Manager, Service Delivery and Business Relations
LANGUAGE:Bilingual – English/French
OVERALL ACCOUNTABILITY:This position reports to the Manager, Service Delivery & Business Relations and is responsible in providing support in the Montreal office as well as our remote location. The primary focus of this role is onsite problem resolution for desktop hardware and applications, meeting room technologies, onboarding new users and assisting with the troubleshooting/resolution of voice and network problems.
- Create and track all service-related incidents into IVANTI Service Desk (ITSM tool) and ensuring all assigned tickets meet defined SLA’s
- Provide second level support for desktops/laptops, VDI, video conferencing system, VoIP telephony and all end user software
- 1st and 2nd level support provided to all SOCAN staff region wide via phone, email, remote control and walk-up
- Escalate software/hardware problems that cannot be resolved to the appropriate level of support group within IT
- Build test and image desktops and laptops
- Build packages for application for auto deployment and create virtual application install files with VMWare ThinApp technology
- Build test and maintain VMWare Horizon and all associated component of the VDI environment
- Prepare/update Service Delivery procedures/documentations by working with IT Trainer
- Maintain accurate inventory records of hardware, software and peripherals
- Participate in hardware/software testing and implementation
- Participate in IT Service Delivery projects to complete project tasks on time and on budget
- Project oriented role - expected to conduct research and implement new technologies
- Monitor technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company's existing platforms
- Travel may be required to other branches
- Rotation of monthly patching is required.
- On call weekend work may be required.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of advance Service Desk Level 2/Desktop Analyst experience
- Post-secondary education in a computer networking technical support related program
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware
- Expert knowledge of Office365 (click2run application)
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell Scripting
- Thorough knowledge of Networking, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDP etc.
- Expert knowledge of VoIP (CISCO 9951 programming/configuration)
- Thorough knowledge of CISCO WebEx Video Conferencing (TMS, VCS Expressway, Endpoint setups) Unified Communications / Jabber / WebEx Teams
- Expert knowledge of VMWare Horizon View/Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Knowledge of IVANTI Management Suite
- Expert knowledge of software virtualization (ThinApp – packaging and troubleshooting)
- Expert Knowledge in laptop\desktop imaging process (WDS, WINPE, VM)
- Strong skillset surrounding Windows 2010 system architecture
- Windows Deployment Autopilot
- Customer Service attitude and orientation
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Good organizational, time management skills and ability to carry out concurrent tasks
- Must have ITIL v3
- MCITP, A+, CCNA, VCAP certification an asset
- Service oriented
- Analytical skills
- Strong Communicator
- Results oriented
- Flexible and Efficient
- Problem Solver
- Position requires post-secondary education in computer Network or Technical Support or an equivalent of related education and experience
- ITIL Foundation is Required. A+, Network +, MCP or MCITP certification an asset
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Skills may be tested and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Shift work required for Department hours
HOURS OF COVERAGE:
Department hours are 7:30am – 7:30pm
Applications must be submitted by Dec 6th, 2019.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada