Membership - Member Services - Supervisor - Member Relations
POSITION TITLE: Supervisor, Member Relations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Member Services
LOCATION: Toronto/Montreal/ Vancouver
We’re seeking a bilingual Supervisor of Member Relations to join SOCAN’s Membership team. In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Manager, Member Services in leading and fostering a customer centric culture for our members, guiding and developing direct reports and work collectively with internal business partners to exceed customer expectations.
This position is responsible for the management of the day-to-day activities of the Member Relations team and is accountable for the team’s performance. This includes Information Officers who are the frontline staff and resolve basic member queries; the Membership Coordinator who provides administrative support to the Membership department, the Application Administrators who process new applicants and Reproduction Rights Specialist who handles our Reproduction Rights onboarding and general questions. If you have experience managing a call center environment, are familiar with call center technology and are ready to help us lead “the global transformation of music rights,” come join us.
- Responsible for escalations. Determine the actionable activities required for quick resolution and favourable outcomes for members’ satisfaction
- Lead, coach and mentor team to ensure that all performance standards and service level objectives are met
- Ensure staff have developed the skills and competencies to reach and maintain department goals
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Assist in hiring and staffing requirements
- Monitor Information officers to provide daily direction and communication so that the volume of calls are handled in an expedited, efficient and knowledgeable manner
- Ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourage feedback in order to enhance the member experience
- Identifying and instilling best practices and drive continuous improvement environment
- Work collaboratively with the management team to analyze trends in staff performance data. Prepare analytics reports for recommendations i.e. changes / improvements
- Responsible for assigning tasks, setting priorities and scheduling staff to ensure optimal service levels are achieved and/or exceeded
- Develop and maintain a high awareness of SOCAN’s services, issues, structure and responsibilities.
- Keep abreast with operational best practices, contact centre technology, policies/procedures and trends in the music industry
- Ensure that templates and functionality for communication tools and FAQs are efficient and effective
- Manage internal and external supplier/customer relationships
- Work with the department manager to develop impactful targets and development plans for staff
- Monitor performance, provide coaching and feedback, conduct performance appraisals
- Other duties as required
- Certificate/degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and experience an asset
- Working knowledge of call center technology
- Supervision/people management
- Someone who understands the mindset of an emotional worker
- Highly proficient with, MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word), Call Centre software
- Ability to motivate and drive performance
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate findings and recommendations to manager/business
- Music Industry and SOCAN knowledge
- Problem solving/decision-making
- Systematic/Forward/Innovative thinker
- Results oriented
- Developer of People
- Relationship Builder
- Team Builder
Please apply through the SOCAN Careers site to be considered for this role. Applications sent through email or regular mail will not be accepted. SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities.
Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review SOCAN's policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. If you have been selected for an interview and require any accommodations, please advise the contact at this time
Applications must be received by January 10th at noon.
Skills and aptitude may be tested and selection will be based on factors such as previous related experience and alignment of aptitude, personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed to Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly-owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work. For more information about SOCAN visit www.socan.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada