IT-Service Delivery Technician- Contract
POSITION TITLE:Service Delivery Technician (Contract – 12 months)
REPORTS TO:Manager, Service Delivery andBusiness Relations
This position reports to the Manager, Service Delivery & Business Relations and is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing operation, maintenance, support and enhancement of the technologies at SOCAN. The scope of the support entails to providing first level support to employees, ensuring delivery of consistent quality and customer service across the organization. Assist office-based employees as well as virtual staff, with efficient and effective use enterprise systems/applications.
- Provide 1st point of contact technical support (email, walk-up, web portal, telephone and chat) for user endpoints including but not limit to, desktop/laptops, VDI, printers, AV, VoIP equipment, all enterprise systems and user applications
- Create and track all service related Incidents/Requests into IVANTI Service Desk (ITSM tool) and ensuring all assigned tickets meet defined SLA’s
- Manage ITSM tickets and track service Incident/Request life cycle by confirming resolution with end users
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to the appropriate level of support technician
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Maintain accurate inventory records of hardware, software and peripherals in Ivanti
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined
- Participate in hardware/software testing and implementation
- Prepare and update Service Delivery procedures and manuals
- Carry out other Service Delivery administrative tasks and procedures
- Some travel me be required to other branches.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office/Office365
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 10 Enterprise OS
- Good understanding of Windows networking
- Good understanding of PowerShell scripting
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Thorough knowledge of VMWare Horizon Desktop Environment
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco VoIP hardware / configuration and WebEx Video services
- Excellent Customer Service attitude and orientation
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Good organizational, time management skills and ability to carry out concurrent tasks
- Service Oriented
- Analytical skills
- Strong Communicator
- Results Oriented
- Flexible and Efficient
- Position requires post-secondary education in computer Network or Technical Support or an equivalent of related education and experience
- ITIL Foundation is Required. A+, Network +, MCP or MCITP certification an asset
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Skills may be tested and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Shift work required for Department hours
HOURS OF COVERAGE:
Department hours are 7:30am – 7:30pm
Applications must be submitted by Dec 6th, 2019.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Toronto, ON, Canada