Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries, we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
Sheridan Nurseries Etobicoke is actively searching for a:
Full Time, Permanent
About the Job
This supervisory role is responsible for leading our team of cashiers, ensuring that each team member actively contributes to the highest standard of customer service in the store through the relationship established with our guests during each transaction, the information collected for marketing and the accurate and efficient handling of the cash processes from beginning to end. The conscientious application of Sheridan Nurseries standards at the Point of Sale (P.O.S) contributes to achieving our goal of creating the highest quality shopping experience by going above and beyond for each of our guests. The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and detail oriented with a strong guest service focus.
- Provides exceptional customer service to our guests in all aspects, including accuracy through each step of the checkout process.
- Actively leads the cash team through training, motivation, coaching, technical skills, sales skills and product knowledge.
- Participates in preparation for store opening, closing, cash balancing, and daily deposits.
- Ensures the consistent promotion of the benefits of Sheridan Nurseries’ e-Club through the conscientious collection of names, emails and telephone numbers at the P.O.S. and actively promotes all marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrates an extensive knowledge of all of Sheridan Nurseries’ retail programs and services, with emphasis on our standout Guarantee Policy.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, store readiness, store cleanliness, control of assets, health and safety practices and compliance with Sheridan Nurseries policies.
- Controls and minimizes shrink through adherence to loss prevention best practices.
- Maintains and accurately completes appropriate paperwork regarding returns, exchanges, replacements, credits, gift cards, deliveries, plantings and staff purchases.
- Strives to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Assists in other areas as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years retail cashier experience.
- Track record of leadership and ability to provide constructive and effective coaching.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with an enthusiasm for sales and providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with Sheridan Nurseries standards.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to achieving 100% accuracy.
- Committed to continually maintaining and upgrading personal product knowledge.
- This position is required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as scheduled on a full-time basis.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Etobicoke - 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada