Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries, we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs.
About the Job
The duties of this position include inspecting and verifying incoming and outgoing goods against invoices or other documents at the garden centre while safely loading and unloading product from transport vehicles to and from storage areas.
- Responsible for maintaining internal record-keeping system for tracking shipping and receiving variances.
- Packing and unpacking merchandise, claiming for damaged goods and maintaining the storage facilities.
- Operating a forklift in accordance with the procedures and policies of the organization.
- Ensuring that general maintenance and housekeeping of the warehouse and receiving areas are maintained at a high standard.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid forklift license or willingness to obtain certification is a requirement.
- Experience in logistics, retail set up or general maintenance is an asset.
- This position is required to work nights, evenings, and weekends as scheduled.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Unionville - 4077 Highway #7, 4077 Highway #7, Unionville, Ontario, Canada