Senior Transportation Manager
About Metro Supply Chain Group:
Metro Supply Chain Group is a world-class Canadian provider of third-party logistics (3PL). With a team over 6000, we manage the operation of twelve million square feet of engineered warehousing space across North America and Europe. Our customers know they can rely on us to support their brands with leading-edge distribution and fulfillment solutions.
When you join our team, you become part of a diverse team committed to success through teamwork and continuous process improvement. We offer a collaborative workplace based on open communication and respect for all opinions and ideas. Our team members enjoy company social events and take pride in charitable programs that provide real value to our communities. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are committed to the growth and development of our team members.
- Leads all activities around carrier/lane analysis, and creates strategies, plans and policies to achieve the goal of providing solutions that minimize cost and enhance service offerings to all clients.
- Submits recommendations on financial and operational plans related to carrier management to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Leads key strategic performance objectives related to carrier management activities and communicates them to the Client and other departmental units as required. Co-ordinates and manages the Quarterly Business Review process with major carriers. Participates in Quarterly Business Reviews with major clients.
- Negotiates pricing and contract relationships with Carriers. Establishes carrier KPI, designs KPI compliance programs, and meets regularly to ensure that overall performance KPIs are met.
- Participates in solutioning new business opportunities related to carrier managed freight as brought forward by the Business Development teams.
- Provides leadership and direction to direct reports through coaching, supporting, and developing direct reports; establishing annual performance objectives, conducting performance assessments, and identifying opportunities for skill development.
- Assists with, reviews, and analyzes the departmental budgets, and all financial expenditures and controls on an ongoing basis. Prepares recommendations and information for the annual budgeting process.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Logistics Management or Operations.
- 10 + years Management experience in Transportation logistics; with an asset-based Carrier provider and/or previous 3PL.
- Highly skilled in software systems, specifically TMS, Microsoft Office, and transport routing software. Strong knowledge of EDI/API technology.
- Ability to manage RFP projects related to carrier management activities both as a client and as a provider.
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiating, client relations, problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Data management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed reports & plans.
- Self directed individual with a keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed leadership skills including selection, coaching and counseling team members, evaluating performance, team building, and administration and operational planning including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2165 Williams Pkwy, Brampton, ON L6S 6B8, Canada