PCAS20-058 - Data Technician (Regular Complement) - 2 positions
Reporting to the Manager Client Services and Support this position has responsibility to support various functions of the department such as acquiring, entering and processing a variety of data from different sources, maintaining data integrity and accuracy, preparing summaries and reports for publishing. It also requires providing support to business operations using variety of methods and software.
- Accurately, perform data management functions such as data collection, entry, attachment, maintenance, and integrity in CPIN and other applications.
- Review and identify data issues through various reports and performing data clean-up routines. Communicate with key stakeholders to determine and implement appropriate methods to resolve issues.
- Performs application testing and reports validation to ensure applications and reports are working as per specifications.
- Generate Cognos reports in preparation for ETL, SSRS and Dashboard reporting and others
- Prepare information prior to distribution using tables, charts, PowerPoint and other software and data visualization tools.
- Assist in providing timely, accurate and reliable data and information for various internal and external reporting requirements (e.g., MCCSS, SOR, Ombudsman, file reviews and audits).
- Develop and maintain business documents and master lists related to services, referrals, applications, process maps and reports.
- Provide support to business operations including, but not limited to, maintenance tasks, planning and organizing audits and file reviews, and preparation and administration of surveys.
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as Finance and Direct Service to ensure CM-FM requests are processed in CPIN with high accuracy and on a timely manner.
- Assist with the contract management cycle, including creation, review and submission for approval in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field
Experience: 2 or more years experience in related positions in social services, health services or children's services.
- Excellent technical knowledge and skills in the use of systems and software for data collection, analysis, and reporting (e.g. Excel, Word, CPIN).
- Excellent attention to detail and data entry skills emphasising both accuracy and speed.
- Excellent organizational skills, along with the ability to set priorities and schedule work accordingly in order to successfully accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Good process management skills, with the ability to make suggestions and implement improvements.
- A team player, with the ability to function as a productive and contributing member of the Strategic Data Intelligence Department.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Maintain confidentiality related to data and reports.
- Knowledge of French and/or other languages are considered assets.
- Demonstrated awareness of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
HOURS OF WORK: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, however working hours may vary and applicants must be flexible to work outside of standard office hours
HOURLY RATE: $28.42 - $35.16
CLOSING DATE: September 29, 2020
We are aware of a scam claiming to offer employment on behalf of Peel CAS. Please note that we only contact individuals who have applied for positions posted on our website, and always conduct interviews with selected candidates. We do not contact prospective candidates via text message. Learn more about employment scams.
- Pay Type Salary
- The Children's Aid Society of Peel Region, 25 Capston Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada