What We Offer Our Staff:
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers. The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.
Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant
Langley City, BC, Canada Req #166
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Title: Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant
Ministry: FamilyLife Canada
Location: Head Office in Langley, BC. Temporarily remote due to Covid-19
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications - FamilyLife Canada
Position Type: Permanent Part-time (25-32 hours per week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About FamilyLife Canada
As a valued member of the marketing team, the Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant will help to promote events and ministry initiatives that bring help and hope to the marriages and families of Canada.
FamilyLife Canada Mission Statement
FamilyLife Canada exists to bring help and hope to every marriage and family.
FamilyLife Canada Vision Statement
By the end of 2023, FamilyLife Canada aims to have 5000 volunteers (HomeBuilders) and 500 partnering churches across Canada actively engaged in strengthening marriages and families.
About the Role
The Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
● All digital and print media is designed to professional standards, maintaining and enhancing FamilyLife’s brand
● Email and social media marketing campaigns are planned and executed in consultation with the Marketing Director.
● Mailchimp contact management, audience segmentation and tagging is done accurately in line with marketing strategy.
● Familylife Canada websites are updated to promote upcoming events as needed.
● Website design and UX (user experience) improvements are researched and implemented, enlisting agency help as needed
● Slides, workbooks and handouts are created with excellence to facilitate in-person and online teaching.
● You have 2 years of graphic design or marketing experience in a ministry, business, or educational setting.
● You have a Bachelor’s degree specializing in communications, marketing, and/or graphic design (this is an asset)
● You are highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator and are able to design eye-catching print and digital materials in a collaborative process, welcoming feedback
● You are adept at email marketing platforms (mailchimp or other)
● You are comfortable with Content Management Systems (Wordpress or other)
● You are able to evaluate UX with an eye toward seamless and intuitive communication flow
● You are flexible under pressure, able to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
● You have the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
● You have strong written and verbal communication skills
● You must pursue self-guided learning and be eager to grow in creative, technical, and problem solving skills as the role evolves, some of which could include but are not limited to: HTML and frontend website design skills, print management skills, videography, and Instagram and other social media marketing
What We Offer Our Staff:
• Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (if 25+ hours a week)
• Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
• Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP) (if 25+ hours a week)
• Paid vacation
• Mentorship opportunities
• Weekly Chapel services
• Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
• Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Langley City, BC, Canada