To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers. The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.
Coach - Volleyball
Abbotsford, BC, Canada; Langley City, BC, Canada; Virtual Req #147
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Job Categories: Coaching
Position Type: Summer Full-Time (40 hours/week) or Part-Time
Job Region/Location: BC
Reporting Relationship: Youth Camps Director
Working Conditions: Regional Travel
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Athletes in Action (AIA) is the sports ministry arm of Power to Change. We are committed to developing movements of evangelism and discipleship. We exist, “To help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world through sport.”
As part of the Athletes In Action’s Volleyball, you are part of a coaching team that focuses on Knowing, Growing and Going.
Knowing - We want to make knowing Jesus personally our ultimate priority. In turn, by knowing who Jesus is, we are also able to know what our purpose is for coaching.
Growing - We want to grow together as individuals, a team and ministry. This requires commitment to our AIA Volleyball Values: Faith First, Family Matters, First Class and Fun.
Going - Together, we want to impact the communities around us. Whether this includes coaching camps, participating in tour, a athletes or coaching in the community, we want to go out and impact those around us.
• Coach age appropriate sport specific skills and physical literacy to middle and high school athletes
• Lead small group discussions with campers to help develop character
• Attend coach’s training, camps and orientations
• Commit to put intentional effort into growing in the areas of personal faith and coaching development.
• Motivate, encourage and inspire peers, coaches and campers to share their faith with friends, family and teammates and to grow in their relationship with God
• Help fight destructive views in sport by sharing the gospel with children and youth throughout the summer
• Adopt additional responsibility as it pertains to personal skills (ex. media/marketing, administration, technical skills coaching, spiritual development etc)
Required Skills and Abilities:
• A deep, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ with the desire to grow as a leader who is Christ-like in character and to be faithful, available, and teachable
• Experience relating to non-Christians with a genuine desire to see people’s lives changed
• A desire to learn how to lead others in evangelism and discipleship
• A passion and commitment to communicate the gospel and a keen interest in Christian ministry work
• A commitment to Athletes In Action’s leadership, methods and ministry models
• Basic understanding of coaching volleyball with a desire to grow in this area.
• Comfortable with public speaking or helping to organize others to put on events
• Organized with good time management
• Proven ability to take initiative
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Passion to become an expert at integrating faith and coaching
• Ability to create a safe, fun and exciting learning environment
• Advocate of physical fitness and living a healthy lifestyle
Education & Experience:
• University degree or equivalent
• High School Diploma
• Club, college, university or pro playing or coaching experience
This position is centrally funded and coach’s pay begins at $14.60/hour. Consideration is given to those with prior coaching experience and certification. AIA gains funds through camper registration, grants and donations.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. In accordance with our mission statement to spread the gospel, everyone who applies to be involved will be required to sign and adhere to the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct. Candidates who are selected will be required to complete a vulnerable sector check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Langley City, BC, Canada