Epidemiologist - Office of Medical Office of Health
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a temporary, full-time Epidemiologist to work in the Office of the Medical Officer of Health until December 31, 2021. Reporting to the Associate Medical Officer of Health, the key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, population health assessment, surveillance and reporting.
- Minimum requirement of a Master’s degree in Epidemiology;
- Ability to summarize complex data and facilitate knowledge transfer for implementation of results, including preparation of written reports and delivery of presentations;
- Communication, relationship building, problem solving, and organizational skills to effectively engage and partner with frontline practitioners, program managers, directors and external stakeholders;
- Advanced Microsoft Office user and knowledge of public health data sources and experience using statistical packages (e.g. Stata); and,
- Project management skills and ability to provide direction and project supervision to data analysis staff.
- Ability to demonstrate strong skills and experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Applied communicable and chronic disease epidemiology;
- Theory and application of epidemiological concepts relevant to population health assessment and surveillance;
- Methods to support evidence-informed decision-making;
- Literature review and synthesis, including critical appraisal;
- Population health assessment with a focus on social determinants of health and health equity; and,
- Familiarity with privacy legislation.
- Robust understanding of the Ontario Public Health Standards is an asset, specifically with knowledge of current public health issues; and,
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please select “Apply Now” and submit a resume and cover letter as a single document by September 2, 2020. Please note: new applicants will need to create an online account to apply.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Job End Date Friday, December 31, 2021
- 355 Wellington St, London, ON N6A, Canada