Manager, Financial Reporting
Join a happy, growing team! 86% of employees recommend MCAN as a great place to
work! XMC leads competitors in growth year-over-year!
About the Role:
The Manager, Financial Reporting is accountable for contributing to the completion of MCAN’s internal and external financial reporting obligations, in addition to regulatory reporting, month end processes, assisting with year-end audit, ad hoc projects and other Finance tasks. You will also be responsible for the review of subsidiary financial statements on a monthly basis. This role will also support the regulatory reporting function within the Finance group as required.
This role also manages multiple internal and external relationships at MCAN, including the external auditors, mortgage servicers and individual business units within MCAN.
What you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the overall accounting and financial reporting functions for the Company to ensure achievements of MCAN strategic directives
- Reviewing controls and procedures to support the development of high levels of efficiency by ensuring processes are aligned, support cross functional boundaries, and are integrated to better support business needs and objectives
- Ensuring accuracy of financial reporting through review of monthly general ledger and interest rate trends reporting for errors, omissions, unusual items and budget variances
- Preparing, reviewing and monitoring daily balance sheet, capital management and regulatory metrics to identify key financial issues.
- Managing timely remediations of internal audit findings and for no repeat findings over the long term
- Ensuring monthly internal financial reporting provides accurate and relevant information to the Board
- Reviewing OSFI and other regulatory returns on a monthly and quarterly basis.
The work experience, skills, education that you bring:
- University degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Extensive experience in reporting
- 6 years of experience in financial reporting or professional services role
- Professional designation (CFA, CA) preferred
- Proven experience in presenting results and analysis of reports to executives and stakeholders
- Advanced MS skills: Macros, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail is key
- Proven skills or exposure to mentoring and developing junior and intermediate Finance team members
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Collaborating across business lines, conferring with managers and executives to gather reporting requirements
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
An agile, boutique residential mortgage lender with the experience, the character and the commitment to excellence required in Canada’s evolving real estate market. XMC is proudly owned by MCAN Mortgage Corporation, a federally regulated mortgage investment corporation. Our team is made up of respected industry innovators, influencers and big-thinkers. We do things differently than other lenders. Our business isn’t selling mortgages, it’s building relationships. We’re all about team, how we can make contributions, and our own self development. If you’re excited about connecting - so are we!
MCAN is a niche-strategic investor in the Canadian real estate market focused on three key areas: single-family mortgages, residential construction loans, and other real estate investments. Our targeted approach to growth reflects our expertise and understanding of the needs of investors, clients, partners and the markets in which we invest.
Our people are our best asset - the kind of people you want on your team: smart, collaborative and helpful with a friendly, positive attitude. We are committed to building the company and building team member capabilities. Do you possess and value the same attributes? Are you interested in your own development? Then come join our team!
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MCAN is committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the job application and interview process. If you require any accommodations, please contact our Human Resources team at 416 847 2461
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Perm FT
- Toronto, ON, Canada