Join a happy, growing team! 86% of employees recommend MCAN as a great place to
work! XMC leads competitors in growth year-over-year!
The Business Analyst serve as the ultimate facilitator between the business units and the IT Team in truly understanding the business needs and playing key role in the overall success of entire project lifecycle. The Business Analyst is responsible for all facets of the business requirements gathering process including documentation, changes and business unit approvals.
The Business Analyst demonstrates initiative and integrity in all aspects of work, should demonstrate good analytical skills, has a basic understanding of overall company organization, has strong understanding of business unit processes and operations. The Business Analyst will be responsible to developing and maintaining the BA and QA Standards.
What you will be responsible for:
• Working with Lead Applications Developer and business teams to establish product visions, roadmaps, and execution
• Organizing and participating in application design reviews with other team members as required
• Establishing and maintaining accurate working records and documents in line with company standards and procedures
• Developing test strategy/approach and test cases to align with business requirements and execute as required
• Producing Business Requirement Document (BRD) for all projects and new initiatives
• Providing project management support using approved project management processes, tools, and techniques
• Providing system administration and troubleshoot Mortgage Underwriting platform including performance tuning, access control and upgrades that affect all application environments
• Working closely with varying business units, development, validation teams, operations groups and change management for the planning, managing, and implementation of releases and other changes to production
• Ensuring the underwriter system is in full compliance with regulatory and internal requirements by building and maintaining rules
• Internal and external audit review support
• Managing and documentation of process related access control and procedures for the Residential Mortgage Underwriting System and all other Underwriting Systems
• Managing Implementation plans and execution in the Residential Mortgage Underwriting System for all changes
• Managing configuration changes within the Residential Mortgage Underwriting system in-line with regulatory and internal requirements
The work experience, skills, education that you bring:
• A BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Strong communication skills that can translate between the business and IT resources
• Must have experience in – Testing approach/strategy, Test Plan documentation, Test Cases - writing and executing
• Must be able to visualize/create data flow diagrams for proposed solutions
• The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solution
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work within tight deadlines
• A minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in a Business Analyst/System Support role
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance role
• Experience within the Financial sector especially in the mortgage industry is a must
• Strong Product Knowledge with various Underwriting software’s (Omiga/Isaac/Altius)
• Strong knowledge of mortgage underwriting processes and troubleshooting approaches
• Extremely proficient in MS Office Suite
An agile, boutique residential mortgage lender with the experience, the character and the commitment to excellence required in Canada’s evolving real estate market. XMC is proudly owned by MCAN Mortgage Corporation, a federally regulated mortgage investment corporation. Our team is made up of respected industry innovators, influencers and big-thinkers. We do things differently than other lenders. Our business isn’t selling mortgages, it’s building relationships. We’re all about team, how we can make contributions, and our own self development. If you’re excited about connecting - so are we!
MCAN is a niche-strategic investor in the Canadian real estate market focused on three key areas: single-family mortgages, residential construction loans, and other real estate investments. Our targeted approach to growth reflects our expertise and understanding of the needs of investors, clients, partners and the markets in which we invest.
Our people are our best asset - the kind of people you want on your team: smart, collaborative and helpful with a friendly, positive attitude. We are committed to building the company and building team member capabilities. Do you possess and value the same attributes? Are you interested in your own development? Then come join our team!
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MCAN is committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the job application and interview process. If you require any accommodations, please contact our Human Resources team at 416 847 2461
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Perm FT
- Toronto, ON, Canada