Senior Costing Analyst
Reporting to the Controller, the accountant is responsible for managing, transacting, and controlling the inventory valuation for raw material, work in progress and finished good products for our manufacturing locations. Working closely with our design team, the accountant is responsible to align cost estimates with our actual cost incurred for variance analysis. The accountant is also responsible for aligning operational procedures to validate monthly cost of goods sold and gross margin analysis. The accountant plays a key role in being main link in translating the operational activities into financial performance indicators.
- Analyze, evaluate, and interpret inventory valuation with respect to cost estimates.
- Ensure control over purchase order procedures for raw material
- Ensure costing accuracy by maintaining raw material costs and incurred WIP.
- Manage control and maintain inventory valuation for month end closing procedures.
- Manage the costing and inventory team
- Perform appropriate month end accruals for freight, contractors, and other inventoried costs for gross margin integrity
- Maintain inventory account balance and GL analysis for month end reporting
- Participate to annual audits
- Supporting both manufacturing facilities for inventory related questions
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelors with a CPA designation.
- 3 to 5 years of pertinent work experience in costing environment
- Experience with the Financial statement close process (FSCP) (manufacturing environment an asset)
- Advanced technical skills using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- The role could be subject to travel
- Pay Type Salary
- Kieran, 5900 Kieran, St-Laurent, Quebec, Canada