Director of Communications and Engagement
Immigrant Services Calgary is looking for a full-time Director of Communications and Engagement.
About This Role
As the Director of Communications and Engagement, you will have operational responsibility for all communications as well as engagement with our broad base of stakeholders, media, and governments. This is an exciting time to join Immigrant Services Calgary as we continue to grow our ambitious and innovative programs and services for newcomers to Canada.
Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and across the organization, the Director will proactively develop, implement and deliver a strategy that maximizes Immigrant Services Calgary’s organizational objectives and increases awareness and understanding of the newcomer journey.
• Works closely with the CEO to develop and implement a communications and engagement strategy that supports ISC’s organizational objectives.
• Increases awareness of ISC’s mission through marketing and communications across multiple media and platforms.
• Supports the office of the CEO in all stakeholder, government and media engagement strategies and tactics.
• Working with the CEO, supports the cultivation and facilitation of effective organizational relationships and strategic partnerships with external stakeholders.
• Working with the CEO, develops and leads the organization’s overall media strategy and tactics.
• Working with the CEO, develops and leads the organization’s overall government relations strategy and tactics.
• Works with internal stakeholders, team leads and colleagues across ISC to identify, develop and deliver programmatic communications and engagement strategies and tactics.
• Leads and directs all communication and marketing activities for ISC’s main signature event the Immigrants of Distinction Awards.
• Works with the CEO and team members to support and assist with the production of the Immigrants of Distinction Awards.
• Directs and manages all social media and online marketing campaigns to promote ISC’s services and profile.
• Ensures brand consistency and messaging across all ISC properties and assets.
• Works in conjunction with all departments to ensure quality content and distribution of ISC’s annual report and related materials.
• Researches, writes, edits, proofreads and produces high quality print and electronic materials as needed.
• Uses analytical tools to measure and grow audiences and conduct daily media monitoring for reporting purposes.
• Coordinates ISC’s website content and development.
• Acts as an ambassador in the community embarking on every opportunity to share and promote our mission, vision and values, and services and activities that support them.
• Assists with other initiatives as directed.
Skills & Qualifications
• A Bachelors / Masters degree in communications, marketing or related field.
• At least five years of leadership experience in a communications, marketing, public relations or government relations role.
• Expert in developing, leading, implementing and evaluating communications and engagement plans.
• Strong social media engagement and management experience.
• Experience in a non-profit context considered an asset.
• Experience at a national or international level considered an asset.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment; adaptable and responsive to shifting priorities.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent presentation and networking skills.
• Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner.
• Exceptional organizational abilities and time management skills.
• Excellent level of proficiency in the MS Office suite.
• Strong proficiency working with social media management tools and content creation tools.
• Good knowledge of website management and maintenance.
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and overtime during peak periods.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity.
A written assignment will be administered as part of the recruitment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, 1200, 910 7Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada