Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract)
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We are looking for a positive and energetic Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting & Finance team. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring prompt processing, evaluation and reporting of expenditures for payment.
Position Main Responsibilities:
- Sort, match, code and enter invoices into ERP system
- Prepare and process electronic payments and check runs
- Process employee and credit card expense reports
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports and maintain vendor files
- 3+ years of experience handling high volume of supplier transactions
- Post-Secondary education in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent experience
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and keen ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and experience with ERP systems
- Excellent communication, organizational and teamwork skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Friday, October 16, 2020
- Cambridge, ON, Canada