Tool And Die Machinist
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
As required for metal stamping tooling, analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinist hand tools by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required.
- Consult with Tool and Die Maker as to what machines will be used to fabricate or modify parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly methods and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining, taking into consideration fit and clearance requirements.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shaper, and grinder to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Determines heat treat requirements for tools/dies and parts with input from Tool and Die Maker.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures, and recommends design improvements regarding construction and functionality of part to improve performance and longevity.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and collaborates with Tool and Die Maker to produce tooling.
- Works with Lean Champion and Director of Manufacturing to promote continuous improvement in all facets, relating to man, methods and materials used in Tool & Die.
- Supports and lends expertise in modifying dies for use in SMED activities, standardizing tooling clamp points and other modifications as needed for quick die change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance, and occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision requirements required by this job included close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Tool & Die and Fabrication work environment characterized here is representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, is exposed to above average noise level (hearing protection is required), and fluctuations in temperature similar to the outside temperatures.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
This organization participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, WA, USA