Cost Accountant Analyst
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Summary of Position
We are seeking a strategic, collaborative and innovative Cost Analyst who is ready to take their career to the next level. In this role you will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be participating in a project to transition the business to a new ERP system. They will provide financial consulting and strategic support to the Senior Operations Director and VP of Finance, including preparing financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, P&L analysis, industry/peer group comparisons and other projects as requested. This function acts as the analytical engine of the Vancouver Operations team to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. Reports directly to the Senior Director, Operations and dotted line to Finance Director.
- Collect and analyze data related to the performance of the Operation specific to;
- Sales to budget
- Unit volume to budget
- Actual COGS to budget & standard
- Actual labor to budget & standard
- Actual overhead to budget & standard
- Variances to standard (COGS, LAB, OH)
- Collect, report, and analyze data related to non-financial metrics such as;
- On time delivery
- Returns, credits, scrap, and rework
- Headcount and turnover
- Team player with strong worth ethic and flexibility
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Accounting/Budget/Forecast experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently
- Broad business knowledge and a good understanding of business best practices
- Must be able to manage projects across multiple departments with limited supervision
- High work energy and self-motivation
- University degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics,
- Experience of 3 - 5 years in Manufacturing Finance and/or Accounting role (minimum) and,
- CMA designation or equivalent is a plus
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, WA, USA