The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Summary of Position
Responsible for all the purchasing and MRP planning activities including scheduling and purchasing of International and Domestic supplies. You will own the relationships with all domestic raw material suppliers and work closely with corporate resources to manage international supply chain. You will be a member of the transfer team, moving company products to the Vancouver facility. You will make critical decisions that help ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost targets are met. You will use your extensive Excel and data mining/analysis skills to ensure the Operations team has what it needs from a planning and component perspective to meet customer demand. Travel to other company locations may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary point of accountability for all supply chain processes, issues and opportunities, as measured by inventory turns, customer on time delivery, and supplier performance metrics. Help to develop KPI’s around supply chain/purchasing performance.
- Prepares and enter purchase orders and/or bid requests and serves as a primary vendor contact for order and delivery status to organization.
- Leading and executing Lean supply chain initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of material flow and sustain daily operational effectiveness including implementing Kanban, JIT delivery, bread man/VMI, outsourcing, and other programs.
- Prepares, negotiates, implements and coordinates contracts including Long Term Agreements, Tooling Agreements, and capital equipment purchases.
- Takes charge in negotiating cost reductions for purchased materials and subcontracted processes.
- You are responsible for the demand integration and supply planning and the Master Schedule on site expert, expected to assist in IBP (integrated business planning) meetings for both Sales (demand) and Operations (supply) meetings.
- You will ensure component supply for all production requirements to meet sales forecast through MRP planning in a Lean flow model.
- You will lead the creation and implementation of the “Summer Build” program collaboratively with the Operations Manager, level loading manufacturing capacity to adjust for seasonal demand.
- Ensure adequate inventory supply is on hand at company warehouses to meet “Heat Season” demand and maintain a supply of finished goods that meets customer needs.
- Participate in cross-functional Product Transfer programs moving production from outsourced supplier to local factory and to offsite 3PL warehouses.
- Lead Purchasing participation in new and transferred product development programs including sourcing components at local suppliers, and cost justification of Supply Chain implementation.
- Develop transfer timing plans to insure continuous supply of component parts at lowest cost.
- Analytical skills
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
Supervises assigned staff.
Glen Dimplex Americas – Vancouver manufacturing is committed to continuous process improvement at all levels of the organization while creating an employee-empowered culture. This position is expected to participate in the continuous improvement of our processes and products, to sign up for Kaizen events, attend Lean training when offered, and to share observations and suggestions for improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field preferred. APICS affiliation and training a plus.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Five years purchasing/supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant supply chain certification, such as APICS (CPIM, CSCP, CFPIM) and/or ISM (CPM, CPSM, CSM) or equivalent preferred.
- Full understanding of the theory, principles and application of MRP/ERP systems and techniques including BOM structure maintenance, design and update.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of contract law.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Proven expertise with Lean / throughput techniques and concepts.
- Skill with Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel, Word, and presentation graphics.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends. Constantly (85%) operates a computer and normal office equipment. Essential functions of the job are usually (85%) performed while sitting for extended periods of time. Frequently (75%) be required to stand, walk, talk, sit, and hear. This position occasionally requires to move (40%) about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. May be required to reach above shoulder height, below the waist, or lift as needed to file documents or store materials (up to 35 pounds) throughout the workday. Often (70%) visits manufacturing areas, which may require using personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
International travel will be required, mostly to our Canadian home office.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individual with ADA recognized disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex or under-defined problem.
Glen Dimplex Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, WA, USA