Engineering - Engineering Manager, Heat Products
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
The Manager, Product Engineering - Heat will lead a team of engineers to successfully develop heat products and deliver technologically advanced, multi-product solutions that provide long-term value for the Company across its entire business. Working collaboratively with colleagues in Category Management, Marketing and Program Management, the incumbent will execute the heat product development plan. The successful candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role represents a unique opportunity to provide and stimulate creative energy, vision and determination and to have a leadership role in transforming this innovative business through its next stage of growth.
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Hands on Engineer to manage Engineering design and testing of Heat products and execute the heat product development plan. This includes leading internal technical resources to ensure quality, productivity, and cost-effective management
Oversee all technical and heat engineering development, and testing to ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements and company quality standards.
Initiate measures for product cost containment and cost reduction (due diligence with engineering and operations)
Responsible for managing projects to on-time and on-cost completion.
- Work with the Product Management team to plan, develop, and implement new products and/or enhancements to existing products to meet existing or anticipated market needs, maximizing resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Maintain strong working relationships with corporate staff, and other Group company representatives.
- Select, motivate and develop a versatile, energetic, results-oriented team.
- Evaluate and manage performance of staff for compliance with objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Manage compliance to company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Represent the company at relevant industry and trade associations and on international Group company technical committees
- University Degree or equivalent in Engineering; P. Eng. certification
8-10 years’ experience in a leadership role preferably in consumer products manufacturing
Experience in developing products in a “stage-gate” new product development process is a must
Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the Glen Dimplex Americas team
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Customer focused mentality
- Excellent decision-making skills, including information gathering and problem solving
- Exhibits a great deal of integrity and adheres to company values and ethics
- Demonstrated focus on results and business/operational improvements
- Proven ability to set and achieve objectives
Proficient with MSOffice (Word – level 3, Excel – level 3, PowerPoint – level 3), Outlook (e-mail, calendar), Solidworks, MS Project
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, July 27, 2020
- Cambridge, ON, Canada