Supply Chain - Demand Planner
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
The Demand Planner is the primary subject matter expert regarding customer demand for Glen Dimplex Americas and is a key member of the Supply Chain team that is responsible for ensuring we have the right products, at the right place, at the right time to meet our customers’ needs.
To be successful in the role, the Demand Planner must possess strong analytical skills, business acumen and interpersonal skills that allows them to build and maintain relationships with our commercial team as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and optimize an 18 month rolling sales forecasts at the item / customer level.
- Identify and action visible trends within the various sales channels that Dimplex operates in and provide insight to the sales, marketing, purchasing and product development teams with the appropriate feedback.
- Provide leadership and facilitation of the monthly Demand review (consensus) process that supports the larger S&OP process.
- Compile customer forecast accuracy and bias data and develop pro-active action plans to address issues / gaps.
- Compare forecasts to the financial budgets and provide a clear overview of variances, uncertainty and risk areas to the business to senior leadership.
- Analyze market response to new products and use this to develop forecasts for new items not yet introduced.
- Ensure the demand planning software system (InSite) is maintained and information is reliable and up-to-date.
- Contribute to the excess and obsolescence process by analyzing buying patterns of key customers and how they react to incentives.
- Develop strong relationships with the sales, marketing and finance teams to drive collaborative forecast planning.
- Actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain or Materials/Operations Management is preferred
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a Demand Planning environment.
- Previous experience working with statistical modeling is required.
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information/data and developing fact based conclusions.
- Able to solve problems using various analytical tools, including root cause analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated sense of energy / urgency and ability to learn on the fly.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Proactive, organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Strong understanding of the supply chain function overall and how internal customers utilize the demand planning information.
- Strong Excel skills are required for this role.
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects would be an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, August 3, 2020
- Cambridge, ON, Canada