HR Business Partner
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Responsible for executing on departmental goals, objectives and strategies in keeping with best HR practices for building positive employee relations and retention.The HRBP will assist in the development, implementation, communication, and administration of programs and processes related to human resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages, executes and enhances various HR programs including, but not limited to, employment, benefits, training and development, payroll, employee relations, performance management and safety.
· Manages and maintains HR records in Ceridian; updating employee information, payroll data, reporting and compliance with local, state and federal laws.
· Develops, recommends and implements HR policies and procedures.
· Develops and evaluates short and long-term department goals and objectives; recommends new approaches to improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
· Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Supports recruitment function through pre-employment activities including, but not limited to, preparing offer letters, new hire packages, background investigations, new hire paperwork, and new hire notifications; coordinates candidate interview scheduling and conducts pre-employment reference checks.
Administers state and federal leave programs (e.g. FMLA, WFLA, PDL, etc.) by interpreting and applying statutes and policies, reviewing applications, completing required documentation, and preparing all relevant correspondence, as well as evaluating medical supporting documentation for final approval, as needed.
Responsible for the administration of health benefits (medical, dental, life, disability, etc.) and retirement plan, while acting as primary liaison with insurance companies, retirement providers and benefit vendors.
· Manages the annual benefits renewal and strategy to ensure the benefits package is competitive for retention. This includes, but it is not limited to, discussions with insurance
· brokers, implementation of a schedule, open enrollment meetings, and administration of the benefits portal.
· Prepares and submits government-mandated reports; audits benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
· Works with third-party workers compensation administrator and supports the workers’ compensation program to include initial claims handling, investigation, medical management and overall file management.
· Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis, and closure of corrective actions.
and a safe working environment.
· Acts as a professional liaison in case of government agency inspections concerning safety, environmental or ergonomic issues; conducts safety inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and safety standards.
· Participates in the Safety Committee monthly meetings as a subject matter expert.
· Responsible for all correspondence and investigations related to health and safety accidents and/or incidents.
· Provides expert consultation services and solutions to managers and employees on routine and complex issues related to performance management, attendance, conflict management, workplace guidelines and issues, etc.
· Manages, coordinates and conducts timely investigations; evaluates, prepares and presents documentation regarding the recommendations for corrective/disciplinary actions.
· Advises and coaches managers to implement effective performance management to create and sustain a high-performance workforce.
· Develops and conducts training and new hire orientation session regarding benefits, retirement and other special events and trainings as needed.
· Maintains knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends. Identifies and drives the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources from an accredited university.
· Five (5) years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have excellent written and oral Spanish language skills.
· Must have extensive knowledge of Washington State Laws.
· Experience with Ceridian an asset.
· Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, WA, USA