Supply Chain - Supply Planner (15-18 month contract)
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
The Supply Planner is the primary subject matter expert regarding production planning and inventory management for Glen Dimplex Americas and is a key member of the Supply Chain team that is responsible for ensuring we have the right products, at the right place, at the right time to meet our customers’ needs.
To be successful in the role, the Supply Planner must possess strong analytical skills, business acumen and interpersonal skills that allows them to build and maintain relationships with both our internal customers as well as out external supplies, both domestic and overseas.
- Efficiently manage the inventory and inventory replenishment of finished goods into and between the various distribution locations that Glen Dimplex Americas operates.
- Develop and assist in the purchasing requirements (supply) of finished goods and repair parts inventory in order to support the monthly IBP cycle.
- Develop, maintain and optimize the 12 month purchasing and on hand inventory forecasts.
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders for finished goods production to external suppliers that meet the needs of our supply chain while still working within the boundaries of our supplier agreements.
- Ensure that direct import orders (FOB Production Facility) are executed with precision.
- Execute the Distribution Requirement Planning (DRP) process to ensure inventory is efficiently balanced between Dimplex’s three DC’s (1x Canada, 2x USA)
- When necessary, work with external suppliers to prioritize and/or expedite purchases orders.
- Develop and maintain weekly shortage reporting with a focus on root cause analysis (stock outs) and process improvement for reduced occurrences.
- Purchase order maintenance regarding finished goods purchased and delivery dates accuracy.
- Ensure the production planning and inventory management system (PDMain) is maintained and the master data is reliable and up to date.
- Update and maintain the data / information contained within the Supplier Portal as it relates to finished goods purchases.
- Actively participate in the seasonal planning cycle, which includes supplier capacity planning and analysis and when necessary, communicate any potential issues that would impact supply with the internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the excess and obsolescence process by identifying slow moving inventory and working with internal stakeholders to develop strategies to move this inventory.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers, both domestic and overseas.
- If the need arises, be available to lead or participate in conference calls with suppliers that may need to occur outside of our normal business hours.
- Actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a Production or Inventory Planning environment, preferably within the CPG field.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Supply Chain or Materials/Operations Management is preferred
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information/data and developing fact based conclusions.
- Able to solve problems using various analytical tools, including root cause analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated sense of energy / urgency and ability to learn on the fly
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization
- Proactive, organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently
- High level excel skills are required for this role.
- Experience working with overseas / international suppliers (i.e. China, Vietnam, and Mexico) would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experiencing working in an MRP environment.
- Knowledge of IBP (supply pillar) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects would be an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Cambridge, ON, Canada