Purchasing - Buyer (15-18 Month Contract)
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Purchasing - Buyer
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
The Buyer will hold a key role within the team by handling the procurement of goods and services for Glen Dimplex Americas. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of maximizing contribution to the bottom line, lowering organizational risk and providing excellent stakeholder support.
- Execution of purchasing NPI components from both domestic and international markets as well as MRO to support the office and operations. This includes Creating purchase orders in the ERP system, verifying PO’s are correct for price, terms and quantity and releasing to suppliers. Verifying PO confirmations.
- Bi-weekly open PO report status with major suppliers.
- Expedite orders for supply chain/customer service as required.
- Support the annual supplier terms and price negotiation process.
- Issue RFQ’s for annual and ad-hoc services that support the efficient and effective operation of our offices and facilities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of purchasing policies and procedures to attain maximum efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organization.
- Facilitate and update all master data related to purchasing within the organization’s ERP software.
(Components by supplier, Price, MOQ, Lead time).
- Support the Product Development
and Engineering teams with new product development initiatives.
Liaison between supplier and AP for all purchasing and invoice issue related issues
Perform cost / scenario analysis, as well as industry benchmarking.
Additional responsibilities as they arise.
- One - three years of experience in a professional Purchasing or Supply Chain role.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Professional accreditation such as CPP, CPIM considered to be an asset.
- Global purchasing experience considered to be an asset, but is not a requirement.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proactive attitude, takes initiative to prevent issues, and has a bias towards action.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain win-win relationships with suppliers.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, June 11, 2020
- Cambridge, ON, Canada