Senior Mortgage Servicing Administrator
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Senior Mortgage Servicing Administrator
Department: Mortgage Services
Reports To: Manager, Mortgage Services
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Administrator is responsible to accurately process various types of transactions and updates to mortgages and HELOCs on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies. The incumbent must have a solid understanding of the overall mortgage life cycle and Equitable Bank’s products in order to communicate with our borrowers regarding a range of subjects. The incumbent is also responsible to provide support and guidance to the team when necessary
- Process various mortgage transactions based on borrower initiated requests received by fax, mail, email or web
- Prepare calculations for payment frequency changes (principal and interest, tax portions) including calculation of interest adjustment dates and amounts
- Update borrower contact information such as mailing address, phone, email
- Identify and process statements and payment change requests accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with approved SLA
- Process and verify accurate entry of bank account information
- Review and update insurance policies received for residential and commercial properties for appropriate coverage
- Action insurance cancellation notices daily and complete impairment reporting for submission in accordance to set timelines
- Contact borrowers and insurance brokers daily for expired or cancelled policies in attempt to obtain replacement
- Monitor LOC Cheques Order report and ensure initial order is complete
- Monitor Fraud Alert & Disputed Items and initiate investigation internally as well as with FIS
- Prepare complete backup package related to fraud write off for management’s review and approval
- Reconcile and post appropriate monetary transactions for chargeback amounts to customer’s account
- Monitor rejected items e-Report on a daily basis
- Respond to telephone calls or email correspondence from borrowers, inter-departmental inquiries and other stakeholders
- Monitor, investigate and resolve Work Queue items from FIS
- Reissue access cards that were flagged as lost/stolen or QS (Qualification Set)
- Confirm processed requests to clients in a timely manner and in accordance with approved SLA
- Accurately input new account information into the mortgage system
- Provide back-up assistance for the Customer Service team (phone calls, emails) when needed
- Follow-up with clients to confirm resolution and customer satisfaction
- Understand and follow policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Complete a diploma program in a related discipline or minimum of 2 years of in a related field.
- Knowledge of commercial and residential lending products
- Previous Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) processing experience and fraud investigation is an asset
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Sound judgement capabilities
- Able to work with minimal guidance
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple high-risk priorities simultaneously
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented with customer service mentality
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada