Residential Prime Mortgage Officer
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Residential Prime Mortgage Officer
Department: Single Family Residential Mortgage Department
Reports To: Manager, Residential Prime Mortgage Underwriting
The Residential Prime Mortgage Officer is responsible for maintaining and updating mortgage files from the issued commitment stage to the time the solicitor is instructed. This mainly involves assessing the accuracy and legitimacy of documents, following up in a timely manner with mortgage brokers to request outstanding documents and reviewing the completeness of files according to various policies and procedures.
- · The incumbent will obtain and review for accuracy and legitimacy the required documentation with a strong emphasis on anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorist financing (ATF) requirements, including but not limited to, income and down payment verification and client interviews.
- · The incumbent will strive to ensure that mortgage files are in compliance with the Company’s and the mortgage default insurers’ established lending policies and procedures as well as ensuring that legal, AML and ATF requirements have been satisfied.
- · The incumbent is responsible for the management of his/ her deal flow in order to meet prescribed deadlines. The incumbent will make diligent use of reports to track and manage the flow of all deals funding for his/ her team.
- · The incumbent will communicate with internal (underwriters, managers, administrators and mortgage sales staff) and external contacts (mortgage brokers, clients and mortgage default insurers) to ensure transactions are processed in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet agreed upon service levels while delivering superior customer service.
- · The incumbent will monitor changes to deals and update files as required. He/she must communicate with to the appropriate parties apprising them of changes. The incumbent must also ensure that Quality Assurance requirements and Compliance review queries are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- · The incumbent will assist other team members to ensure the team meets agreed upon service levels.
- · Sound thinker with the ability to multi-task
- · Excellent attention to detail
- · Ability to follow AML & ATF practices
- · Basic knowledge of mortgage default insurers’ lending programs and requirements
- · Excellent time management skills
- · Ability to thrive under pressure
- · Strong written and verbal communication skills
- · Ability to build relationships at all levels
- · Displays pride in providing superb customer service
- · Minimum of 1 year mortgage experience, preferably in the Prime mortgage market
- · Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- · Completion of a post-secondary degree preferably in a financial field
- · In-depth knowledge of mortgage funding and QA process are definite asset
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 1333 8th St. SW, Suite 600, Calgary, Alberta, Canada