Senior Graphic Designer
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Reports To: Senior Manager, Marcom
Equitable Bank is seeking a digital first Senior Graphic Designer to join the in-house Creative Services Team with the execution of digital campaigns, web and email projects and occasional print pieces. The ideal candidate possesses 5+ years of real work experience, who is looking for an opportunity to work with a team of marketing professionals.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for designing digital and print artwork for marketing collateral and publications from concept to completion. All materials must adhere to the Brand Standard Guidelines to retain brand integrity and contribute to the achievement of Equitable Bank’s business objectives when required.
- Be an integral part of the consumer experience and design as it comes to all customer marketing touchpoints
- From brief to delivery, responsible for leading the stakeholder(s) and team to deliver the very best work, creating an environment of motivation, inspiration, trust and partnership
- Design for various types of projects including brand identity (brands visual strategies, multiple types of collateral, advertising (traditional, online, outdoor, etc.) and more.
- Create strong and effective design communications within the guidelines of our brands and sub-brands, while working closely with the creative team on integrated campaigns to ensure design integrity and consistency throughout all communications.
- Strategize and brainstorm with the team to collectively produce strong creative designs
- Show strong creative judgment and give clear and honest feedback
- Be a champion for great creative work and actively seek opportunities to expand out output
- Build, protect and manage digital content; including the production of optimized graphics and HTML5 animations across a variety of consumer-facing digital channels including social media, email marketing and website. This includes verifying and approving any external vendor or partnering material to match the visual guidelines of the bank
- Ensure all content meets rigorous SEO guidelines through disciplined workflow and regular site audits
- Create UI designs based on market analysis, internal and customer feedback and usability findings for the website or mobile platforms
- Work directly with business stakeholders, managers, writers, other designers, developers, and sponsored partnerships to coordinate designs execution to spec and on time
- Maintain multiple marketing programs and brand integrity for the EQ Bank, Equitable Bank and STNCE brands
- Support ad hoc marketing design requests across various channels
- Manage version control of documents
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Digital Graphics, Design, Marketing, animation or related experience
- 5+ years of experience in a client-side or digital agency environment, designing, producing and publishing optimized web content
- Conceptual Ideation & art direction
- Strong experience with designing digital experiences such as social campaigns, websites and email and digital marketing is a must.
- Strong Knowledge of typography, copywriting, illustration, colour theory, storyboarding, preflight practices and iconography
- Deep understanding and experience with responsive website design, UI design and web technologies
- Strong grasp of UI/UX fundamentals across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms with top-flight communication skills
- Experience with social media networks/communities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent command of the English Language (Speaking & Writing), bilingualism with French is an asset
- Excellent time management and organization skills, ability to self initiate on projects is essential
- Ability to handle emergencies, solve problems and work under pressure
- Strong communication and people skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to conceptualize and execute on focused messaging in order to drive brand awareness
- Image editing and optimization
- Effective verbal and written technical communication skills required
- Disciplined typography and layout skills
- Must have a strong and high quality portfolio demonstrating creativity, design expertise, strategic thinking, and software competence
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada