Application Support Manager, Retail and Lending Services
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Application Support Manager, Retail and Lending Services
Department: Retail and Commercial Lending Technology
Reports To: IT Director
Purpose of Job
The Application Support Manager, Retail and Lending Applications is responsible for supporting all aspects of the company’s core financial applications that services multiple business units. The Application Support Manager will serve as a primary support liaison to our business partners and vendors. The incumbent will be responsible for application capacity management, reporting, creating and monitoring alerts and application logging and management of the service desk, which includes reporting to Director and executive level and audit committees as required.
The Application Support Manager will manage day to day reported incidents from logging to triaging and troubleshooting to issue resolution including root cause analysis, impact and mitigation analysis, working with business users to provide training and with internal and external resources for optimization where needed for a suite of applications. The Application Support Manager will also be responsible for the delivery of enhancements for the various applications they support and provide ongoing business value for portfolios. This will include the preparation of project artifacts such as user stories and requirements and test plans, to functionality testing, user acceptance testing through to implementation. Additionally, the Application Support Manager will establish work and task breakdown for the technology team, manage the backlog and the delivery releases. The incumbent will ensure that the solution being delivered is cohesive and meets intended business value.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to lead other Application Support Analysts in the department, meeting department objectives, identifying any training opportunities for professional growth of staff members and mentor them as needed.
- Perform controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation with business and technology partners as needed
- Provide prompt, effective day to day support, identifying and resolving issues to the satisfaction of our business partners
- Manage problems, root cause analysis, identify workarounds and process improvements as needed with awareness of audit and compliance related issues
- Manage a service desk, including providing technical support, possible on-call support, ensuring service levels are maintained
- Adhere to existing processes and standards, risk and production capacity guidelines and monitor logging and performance of environments and applications using meaningful metrics
- Plan and manage the technology delivery of enhancements, fixes and maintenance initiatives included in the planned release cycle
- Coordinate with the project Delivery Leads to ensure on-going backlog deliveries are seamlessly incorporated with the delivery of project which include the deployments to various environments and business user testing
- Coordinate with shared service teams, such as DevOps, Infrastructure and Security Operations to release changes to production
- Ensure that all required documentation including proof of testing and sign-off for the issue and/or enhancement being resolved or implemented is readily available for internal and/or external audit review.
- Prepare requirements documentation which could include story maps, user stories and/or use cases, data mapping matrix and process flows
- Prepare training documentation as well as facilitate training sessions to business users and internal BA, QA and Dev teams as needed
- Follow prescribed change control procedures, making sure all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated from initiation to design to testing to implementation
- Monitor and ensure all automated and manual jobs are executed in a timely manner and address any exceptions without delay
- Communicate and follow up on all issues on a timely basis ensuring all parties are kept informed including escalations to the Director IT Retail and Lending Applications
- Support and participation in annual disaster recovery testing exercises, year-end processes as well as periodic review of user privileges, system resource set up, system default set up and other general data issues and take necessary action.
- Support the Director IT, Retail and Lending Applications to drive continuous improvements within the delivery teams and support overarching improvements towards the technology delivery methodology, tools and process
- 5 or more years of experience in technology delivery roles such as Application Owner/Manager, Project Manager, SCRUM Manager or Service Desk Manager
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Incident and Problem management and resolution
- 3 – 5 years’ previous people management experience is mandatory
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services, with deep domain knowledge in Lending and/or Online Retail Banking and Investments/Term Deposits
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem solving skills to remove technical impediments and manage closure of RAID
- Ability to organize and coordinate senior resources with cross-functional skillsets as a holistic group with close collaboration and cooperation
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and customer-centric environment
- Experience debugging application issues
Additional desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of JIRA + Confluence + Zephyr
- ITIL4 Certification
- Knowledge of scripting and programming tools
- Experience developing automation scripts
- Experience working with databases and SQL
- Previous experience working with Lending origination and core banking systems such as PortfolioPlus and Cyberquery, Cognos and File Nexus
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada