Senior Dev-Ops Engineer
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Senior Dev-Ops Engineer
Department: Digital Banking & Channel Technology
Reports To: Manager Dev-Ops and Release Management
Purpose of Job
EQ Bank’s IT team is starting to evolve and Needs a talented Senior DevOps Engineer with a solid passion in this space. Experienced and knowledgeable about the end to end software build chain, operations and automated build and release process.
- Design, improve and implement build and release pipelines
- Provide subject matter expertise to developers and testers on the current and future technology of DevOps tools chain
- Work and collaborate with the larger team to exchange knowledge, solutions and practices to build a more consistent, robust approach to development approaches
- Research and analyze existing and emerging technologies to identify products, tools to support the DevOps team
- Continuously improve performance and proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks that will reduce time to build and deliver our software.
- Build and Maintain high availability Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
- Engage as a lead in DevOps capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Review and provide feedback on product functional specifications, design specifications.
- Perform formal Code Review, static and security analysis, design and implement Unit Tests and perform code coverage analysis
- Subject Matter expert with minimum 5 years’ experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment orchestration
- Champion cloud deployments to Azure, AWS or GCP- 2 year solid hands-on experience
- Expertise in platform as a service using Pivotal CF or IBM Bluemix- 2+ year experience
- Good trouble shooting skills and practical usage of various source control systems (Git, SVN)- 5+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Architecture and design understanding behind containers and work with Docker, Kubernetes or similar technologies- 3+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of programming/scripting in one or more of the following languages: Java, C, C++, groovy, Python, Shell
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of Computer Science, Systems or Engineering
Five or more years of similar professional experience
Job Complexities / Thinking Challenges:
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage time and adhere to tight deadlines
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas effectively
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, and attentive to details
- Ability to design high quality, scalable and supportable technology solutions that could be re-used by other areas of the bank
- Team player who mentors and helps fellow team members whenever required
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and lead a team if required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, projects and handle multiple competing priorities (multi-tasking) within restricted time constraints
- Problem solver with sound judgment who takes initiative, accepts ownership and accountability
- Ability to help the team in interviewing process
- Independent, self-motivated and enthusiastic
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada