Specialist, Business Process Improvement (BPI)
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Specialist, Business Process Improvement (BPI)
Department: Project Management and Process Transformation
Reports To: Manager, Business Process Improvement (BPI)
Purpose of Job
If you have a passion for continuous improvement, are comfortable with change and want to help grow Equitable Bank through the delivery of enhanced customer and employee experiences, this may be the role for you!
The Business Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for leading small to medium size projects and is responsible for providing support to larger projects to improve business processes for the organization. This role will often engage with Business Sponsors and/or Leads before project initiation to help clarify and formalize the project goals, objectives and scope. In addition to project specific work, the Business Process Improvement Analyst may consult with Business Leaders to help define the need for new and/or enhanced services or optimized business processes and provide advice on business requirements and the usability of technology solutions.
This role is accountable to support the management and oversight of business process improvement practices and standards utilized in the execution/support of material change projects. This position will work with both the Business Process Improvement Manager and Senior Manager to efficiently and effectively support the timely execution of material change projects in the bank.
· Help drive business process improvement efforts across Equitable Bank to ensure standardization, efficiencies and best practices are employed while leveraging system, automation and other solutions as needed
· Ensure best practices and project/process management tools are applied to address unique situations/business challenges
· Review internal project/process management methodologies to look for opportunities for continuous improvements to maintain relevance with best practices
· Lead business process improvement initiatives and provide both subject matter expertise and thought leadership to the business process stakeholders
· Partner with functional support groups to implement process improvements
· Support business process design work on large enterprise projects
· In the support of a material change project:
o Map and analyze business processes as required
o Gather and analyze business process data as required
o Identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvements
o Lead the development of future state business processes
o Support the implementation of changes to the business processes
· Train and coach operations staff on process changes
· Effectively adhere to the best practice Change Management and Project Management methodologies
· Communicate project status and issues to stakeholders
· Support the development of a business process repository
· Support the development of process measurement standards
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· A post-secondary education diploma/degree in business or qualification in project management, business administration, computer information systems or a related field
· 5 years’ related experience with business process improvement initiatives and material change projects
· Experienced in applying process integration practices to complex environments
· Knowledge of business process improvement practices including, Lean Methodology
· Retail and/or on-line financial product or mortgage lending experience
· Ability to effectively assess stakeholder impacts and to engage, manage and quickly gain credibility with business and technology stakeholders
· Ability to collaborate with support groups to implement the improvements
· Ability to create and deliver training
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
· Proficient computer skills including, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio and SharePoint
· Familiarity with federal and provincial laws and regulations that affect real estate lending is an asset
· Sound technical knowledge of secured lending and factors affecting the mortgage market is an asset
Proven experience delivering projects with multiple approaches and methodologies
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada