Cloud Platform Engineer (PaaS)
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Cloud Platform Engineer (PaaS)
Department: Tech Delivery - Enterprise
Reports To: IT Manager
Purpose of Job
The Cloud Platform Engineer is responsible for all aspects of our Kubernetes and Docker containers. He/she will be responsible for production support, administration, testing, and documenting various aspects of the cloud technology, tools and continuous delivery. He/she will ensure that all reported incidents are triaged and redressed in a timely manner with minimum business impact. In addition, he/she will work with other IT Administrators and vendors to ensure that the company’s applications, servers and systems are maintained as per the bank’s policies and procedures.
· Create, implement and manage cloud deployments using Kubernetes and Docker
· Provide expertise for operational management of cloud platform for monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
· Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation through Kubernetes/Docker required for continuously improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
· Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
· Use scripting tools to automate processes
· Develop, update, follow up and implement strategies, action plans, programs or solutions for technological infrastructure operation to ensure consistency and balance between business needs and compliance with requirements and good practices
· Develop performance indicators and monitoring methods. Identify problems and make recommendations to management.
· Maintain Primary and Disaster Recovery sites
· Interface and coordinate with development and technical support teams to resolve issues reported during daily operation
· Project Execution – perform tasks under the directions of the IT Director and/or according to a project plan in a way such that the timeline of the project is observed and the requirements of the task are satisfied
· Research new technologies and provide technical expertise as requested by IT Director
· College diploma in computer science or equivalent is required. Higher accreditation (e.g., Bachelor of Computer Science) is an asset.
· 5+ years of experience working in an IT capacity
· 5-8 years’ technical (OS, network operations, and monitoring) experience within an Enterprise sized business
· 2+ years of Kubernetes and Docker experience at an Enterprise scale(highly desirable)
· 1-2 years of experience doing DevOps
· Knowledge of containers, orchestration tools, and container management
· Good to have Pivotal Cloud Foundry and deploy cloud native applications to PCF
· Experience with infrastructure automation technologies
· Experience with IaC practice (infrastructure as code)
· Experience with PaaS
· Good scripting abilities (PowerShell, etc.)
· Experience with automation tooling (Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
· Knowledge in collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, preferred
· Knowledge of configuration management technologies including Puppet is desirable
· Knowledge of log aggregation and analysis is desirable
· Good problem solving skills
· Experience working in a banking or financial services environment is desirable
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada