Warehouse Associate - Markham, ON
The Warehouse Order Picker position is responsible for warehouse duties from shipping orders to receiving and stocking. The incumbent will act as a resource of best practices for coworkers and ensure the efficient operation of the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Lead Hand, the duties and responsibilities of the Warehouse Order Picker include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Process warehouse orders including pulling, packing, and shipping;
• Prepare necessary shipping documents and paperwork;
• Ensure domestic shipping and international exports are shipped out using appropriate shippers;
• Receive incoming inventory, verify shipments using inventory management system;
• Stock incoming inventory;
• Ensure timely and accurate receipt of all incoming products;
• Rotate all lot numbered stock based on first in-first out concept as necessary;
• Perform random manual audits for accuracy and quality of orders processed;
• Ensure efficient space utilization of warehouse;
• Ensure general maintenance and tidiness of the facility;
• Assist with shipping and receiving when required;
• Assist with product pickups when required; and
• Work with a mindset of “continuous improvement” with a focus improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Warehouse.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required;
• One (1) to three (3) years of warehouse or distribution center environment experience
• Must have a current forklift license;
• Must have a current Raymond Reach certification;
• Proven track record of organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Able to collaborate and communicate with various departments;
• Must have experience with dollies, lift trucks and motorized trucks;
• Able to work in a team environment, self-starter; and
• Able to work independently.
• Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) to fifty (50) lbs.
• Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours; and
• Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Markham, ON, Canada