Pest Control Technician - New England, MA
Billerica, MA, USA
Friday, September 18, 2020
Our vision is to become the world’s most reliable innovative hygiene solutions provider, improving quality of life by building healthy spaces in communities where we live, work and play. Sounds simple? Definitely not, but that’s exactly why we are taking on the challenge. We want to live in a world where facilities are safe and hygienic.
At Citron Hygiene, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have developed a team of amazing people across Canada, US and UK. As the 2019 recipient of the Globe and Mail’s Employee Recommended Workplace, we are collaborative, have integrity, we deliver the highest quality in everything we do and we have fun doing it.
Reporting directly to the Pest Services Manager, the role of the Pest Control technician consists of monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly inspections of pest control devices, such as monitor boards, mechanical traps, fly lights, and interior/exterior bait stations at different locations on predetermined routes. At the time of inspection, devices are inspected, dated, restocked and an appropriate response is made to any activity found.
- Follow the service schedule to provide pest control services in a timely and consistent manner
- Ensure high quality of all service activities to our broad range of customers.
- Responding to customer requests for emergency service in a timely manner and complete all service work within an acceptable time frame.
- Address customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous, professional manner.
- Complete all paperwork responding to each service completed with legible detail of work performed, products used and their amounts; recommendations for sanitation and structural issues that may contribute to an existing or future pest problem
- Maintain vehicle (clean and orderly), keeping it appropriately stocked with products and supplies to complete their service work.
- Carry our required work in a professional and courteous manner that minimizes disruption to the customer’s business operations
- Act as an ambassador of the Citron brand and work with sales representatives to identify other opportunities at customer sites for Citron products and services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulations and work safety protocols and procedures.
- Ensure that all professional pest control technicians adhere to company policies and procedures, including heath and safety policies and procedures.
- Follow company guidelines and ensure effective use of Salesforce on mobile devices
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years in Pest Service
- Pest Control License
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Well organized, energetic and reliable
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven mechanical abilities, and strong working knowledge of mechanical application and repair techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Work normal business hours but will be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- 100 % company paid health& dental plan options
- 401k plan with employer match provision
- Longer term disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Paid holidays
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential of this position.