Pest Management Professional, Toronto
Toronto, ON, Canada
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Our vision is to become the world’s most reliable innovative hygiene solutions provider, improving quality of life by building healthy spaces in communities where we live, work and play. Sounds simple? Definitely not, but that’s exactly why we are taking on the challenge. We want to live in a world where facilities are safe and hygienic.
At Citron Hygiene, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have developed a team of amazing people across Canada, US and UK. As the 2019 recipient of the Globe and Mail’s Employee Recommended Workplace, we are collaborative, have integrity, we deliver the highest quality in everything we do and we have fun doing it.
Pest Control service work consists of monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly inspections of pest control devices, such as monitor boards, mechanical traps, fly lights, and interior/exterior bait stations at different locations on predetermined routes. At the time of inspection, devices are inspected, dated, restocked and an appropriate response is made to any activity found.The Pest Management Technician is responsible for adequate pest resolution of any pests covered under the service agreement entered with each customer.
- Follow the service schedule to provide pest control services in a timely and consistent manner
- Respond to customer requests for emergency service in a timely manner and complete all service work within an acceptable time frame
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with potential customers who have been identified as target clients in order to meet corporate objectives of profitability and sales growth
- Complete all paperwork responding to each service completed with legible detail of work performed, products used and their amounts, and recommendations for sanitation and structural issues that may contribute to an existing or future pest problem
- Maintain vehicle (clean and orderly), keeping it appropriately stocked with products and supplies to complete their service work
- Carry out required work in a professional and courteous manner that minimizes disruption to the customer’s business operations
- Act as an ambassador of the brand and work with sales representatives to identify other opportunities at customer sites for other company products and services
- On occasion must be available to work during odd hours – evenings, weekends, early mornings
- Obtain and maintain pest control licensing
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulations and work safety protocols and procedures
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Well organized, energetic
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, and supervisors
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently while responsive to customer and supervisor requests
- Strong problem solving capabilities and ability to adapt to changing work environments
What’s in it for you?
- Career advancement opportunities and learning experiences within a Market Leader
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Some Flexibility in managing schedule
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.