Quality Control Lab Steward
BioVectra Inc. has openings for a Quality Control Lab Steward. These are permanent, full-time positions located in both Windsor, Nova Scotia and Charlottetown PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing support activities in the QC lab, which will include chemical inventory management, organizing and cleaning glassware, equipment and workspaces.
- Performing instrument calibrations and basic-level preventative and reparative maintenance on equipment such as balances and pipettes
- Maintaining accurate, real-time records of all laboratory activities.
- Performing required calculations, by hand or with use of spreadsheets or validated computer systems.
- Ensuring the correct status labeling of reagents and instrumentation in the QC laboratory.
- Teamwork and collaboration with stakeholders in the QC department in the execution of job activities.
- Data entry and trending using Excel or other computerized systems as required.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- A Chemical Technology diploma or equivalent, or university-level coursework in a scientific discipline.
- School or work experience working with analytical instrumentation in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word an asset. Must be comfortable working with computers.
- Flexible work hour required, evening or weekend shifts may be scheduled.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Closing Date: July 3rd 2020
- Pay Type Salary
- Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Windsor, NS, Canada