Research Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Research Scientist, Analytical Chemistry. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and qualifying modern analytical methodologies applying highpressure liquid chromatography: gas chromatography, ultraviolet spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting analytical equipment
- Carrying out literature searches to evaluate currently known analytical methods and preparing analytical research and development plans
- providing regular updates on analytical projects to internal and external customers.
- Writing development reports and test methods
- Transferring technology to technical staff, as a member of the project team working effectively with both the R&D and Quality groups
- Design analytical methods and qualification protocols that are in compliance with ICH and FDA guideline
- Training and supervising summer students as requested
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- B.Sc. in chemistry
- 2 years analytical chemistry experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated experience in analytical methodology including: IR, UV, NMR GC, HPLC.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with MS and/or XRD would be considered an asset.
- Experience in bioanalytical chemistry considered an asset
- Knowledge of ICH, FDA, and USP guidelines is an asset
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button below.
Closing Date: July 2, 2020
- Pay Type Salary
- Prince Edward Island, Canada