Fixed Asset Accountant
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Fixed Asset Accountant. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, PE.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Tracking the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out these accounts once the projects have been completed
- Recording all fixed asset additions, transfers, disposals, and impairments in the asset module of the ERP system
- Maintaining the asset register that details the listing of all records entered in the asset module
- Reconciling fixed asset subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger and resolving any resulting discrepancies
- Maintaining a fixed asset tag system and coordinating scheduled on-site physical asset counts
- Investigating the potential obsolescence and impairment of fixed assets
- Preparing monthly analyses on changes in the fixed assets and accumulated depreciation accounts and communicate findings and recommendations to management.
- Preparing the monthly financial capital reports
- Preparing audit schedules and resolve audit issues identified by internal or external auditors
- Working with project managers to monitor fixed asset project status
- Developing oversight and accuracy tools to compare capital forecasts versus requisition data
- Assisting in preparation of annual capital budget and distribution of budget, edits and updates to the budget that occur during the year
- Other duties as requested as part of the day to day functioning of the accounting department
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Post-secondary education in business/commerce or project management.
- Working knowledge of accounting standards as it pertains to fixed assets
- Familiarity with ERP, CMMS & fixed asset reporting systems would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and report writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with focus on Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports
- Excellent decision-making skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Closing Date July 2nd, 2020
- Pay Type Salary
- Prince Edward Island, Canada