Executive Housekeeper - Fox Hotel & Suites
Our Executive Housekeeper reports to the General Manager and is responsible for managing all of the daily operations of the Housekeeping department while ensuring the highest level of guest service is maintained within this department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual Housekeeping Operating and Capital budgets.
- Meet or exceed the annual Housekeeping Budget and maximize the profit plan goals by properly managing expenses, labour and other material resources.
- Effective scheduling, vacation planning and department productivity results to budget.
- Prepare monthly reports on preventative housekeeping maintenance, expenses, including, but not limited to, labor, chemicals, guestroom supplies, linen, laundry and contract cleaning.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures by which the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic value are achieved.
- Ensure company rooms core standards are implemented and audited for consistency.
- Directly influence the future effectiveness of the Banff Lodging Company through effective recruitment, selection, and development of leaders and colleagues within the housekeeping department.
- Positively impact colleague satisfaction and the guest experience through a coaching nature and empathetic approach to leadership.
- Ensure high morale through recognition and the removal of identified barriers. Adapt to the challenges of a young and evolving work force.
- Coach, develop & manage the performance of the Housekeeping leadership/supervisor team.
- Maintain all training documentation for all positions including the leadership training program.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Monitor and revise as needed, departmental health & safety tools including WCB and WHMIS training programs, policies and practices.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all colleagues are committed to working safely.
- Organize, implement and tracking all deep cleaning projects for guestrooms and public areas.
- Track and address all guest comments and concerns.
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments, key relationship with Front Office & Maintenance.
- A positive contributor to the leadership team of the hotel.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous housekeeping experience (supervisor or management role) is a strong asset.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to motivate and lead employees in a busy, high quality environment.
- A thorough understanding of WCB Health & Safety programs and WHMIS guidelines would be considered an asset.
- Possess a positive outlook with the ability to motivate staff in a high energy environment.
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible.
You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
- Pay Type Salary
- Banff, AB, Canada