There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Reporting to the Area Vice President, this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operating activities of the Distribution department. This includes hiring, training, and supervising distribution staff and establishing positive employee relations. It also involves coordinating delivery routes, scheduling drivers, and ensuring that a premium level of customer service is always presented. Other responsibilities include performing daily reconciliation of packaged ice transfers, ensuring compliance to company and safety policies, and ensuring that all trucks and the warehouse facility meet all government standards.
- Liaises between customers, and the distribution team to provide exceptional customer services.
- Communicates and directs drivers with day-to-day assignments and responsible for scheduling daily routing for deliveries.
- Responsible for reconciling all cash and driver invoices.
- Forecasts hiring needs and performs recruitment and selection for team in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Monitors handheld invoicing system.
- Manages the dock area involving the loading of trucks, shipping and receiving.
- Coordinates the availability of trucks for ice delivery as well as for repairs and maintenance.
- Audits driver logs and vehicle inspection reports.
- Troubleshoots handheld problems within the division.
- Directs the logistics of special events.
- Receives all merchandiser repair calls and dispatches to service technicians.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a distribution environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge around DOT Regulations.
- Ability to have and maintain CDL-B Driver’s License.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment dealing with high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of hand-held units and phone systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Des Moines, IA, USA