Just the Tip of the Iceberg
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Reporting to the Plant Manager the Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the manufacturing and processing of quality ice. The Production Supervisor is also accountable for the creation of the highest quality product for the lowest cost per ton and assisting on the production line as required.
- Leads shift in production department and ensures the highest quality product at the lowest cost per ton.
- Works production line in supportive capacity to ensure proper tonnage is reached in daily quotas.
- Accountable for the control of all mechanical and maintenance tasks to achieve optimum production while following all proper policies and processes.
- Troubleshoots issues on production line and proposes solutions that will work within budget parameters.
- Demonstrates to team exceptional work ethic on the production line.
- Trains and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional programs for sanitation and housekeeping practices that fully meet the requirements of company policy and all government regulations.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- High school diploma is required.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing position is considered and asset.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rapid City, SD, USA