Full Time Maintenance Mechanic - Calgary, AB
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the icemakers and packaging equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for guiding employees in the proper use of the equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information to production team; following up on questions and requests from others.
- Leads in the starting of and shutting down of all ice machines each day.
- Records pressure and temperature readings to comply with regulations.
- Adopts and adheres to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
- Trains employees on the operation of equipment.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- 3-4 years’ experience in a plant maintenance role, specifically in maintaining food packaging equipment is considered an asset.
- Must possess a high school diploma.
- Experience in changing, maintaining motors, gearbox and augers.
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical issues and working knowledge of VFDs and sensors.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Calgary, AB, Canada