Research Associate I, Formulations
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
Do you want to help contribute to advancing human health science research? Are you looking to get started on a career in preclinical research? Do you like to work in small teams? If so, you may be our next Research Associate I, Formulations. The Research Associate I, Formulations, will perform basic tests and control article formulation, dose preparation and dispensing. Also responsible for receiving test and control article materials and maintaining chain of custody documentation associated with test and control materials, including inventory control.
- Prepare, sample, and dispense less complex dose formulations including solutions and suspensions
- Prepare, sample, and dispense more complex dose formulations including solutions and suspensions with guidance
- Receive test materials, reagents, review, and reconcile test material receipt
- Participate in disposition of formulation and test materials
- Document and review raw data accurately while preparing and maintaining study notebooks
- Reviews protocols and provides formulation comments
- Prepare and ship materials as needed
- Replenish supplies and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory and equipment
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- May assist in study finalization and inventory of test materials in Dispense.
- May cross train to support pharmacy operations, i.e. dispense controlled substances
- BS in a scientific discipline, or relevant work experience
- 0-1 years in a regulated environment. Equivalent combination of education and work experience may substitute for education requirement
- Satisfactory performance, demonstrated skill and completion of required training will determine eligibility for advancement from current level
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as study schedules, SOP's etc.
- Basic math skills
- Continual GLP training. Responsible to ensure training records for pharmacy laboratory procedures and equipment are complete and accurate
- Solid reasoning ability. Ability to operate laboratory equipment. Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work cross functionally on process improvements. Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to manage change
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and employees. Able to identify and resolve problems as they are encountered
- Handles and disposes biological and/or chemical substances and wastes in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Wears appropriate PPE in accordance with policies and procedures. PPE may include but is not limited to: N-95
respirator, face mask, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, gloves, and lab coat
- Ability to work holiday, weekends, and evening hours as needed
- Job Family Valide Positions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, September 14, 2020
- Everett, WA, USA