Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
The Material Handler is responsible for supporting production / manufacturing, by ensuring supplies requested are provided in a timely manner. The Material Handler is responsible to maintain the racks in an organized fashion and ensure minimum inventories are maintained.
- Pick production orders and route material to appropriate department
- Move skids / material from department to departments when required
- Perform all data entry, as required ( SAP )
- Perform Inventory / Cycle counts, as per scheduled or scheduled by Warehouse Leadhand
- Load and unload transport trucks
- Load / stock pile material on to shelves or skids
- Keep the stock shelves neat, organized and clearly labelled
- Provide quick and reliable service to our internal and external customers
- Escalate any business or safety concerns to Leadhand / Supervisor when required
- Keep the isle ways clean and clear
- Work in accordance to GDCAMS policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Perform daily Safety / Equipment inspections as per GDCAMS policies and procedures
- Keep warehouse and work stations clean – general house keeping
- Provide suggestions to Supervisor for process improvement opportunities
- Comply with G+D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Educational
- 2 years relevant work experience preferred
Forklift/ Reach Truck certification /
license a requirement
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- System Application Program knowledge ( SAP ) would be an asset
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Mathematical ability e.g. addition, subtraction, problem solving
- Basic knowledge of computers and warehouse experience preferred
- High School Diploma preferred
- Overtime and Shift work may be required
- Fast paced manufacturing environment
- Safety shoes and smock required on the production floor
- Able to lift upto 50 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. Upon request by the applicant, accommodationwill be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian
citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., 316 Markland Street, Markham, Ontario, Canada