Operate and maintain Komori printing press, supervise and delegate to 2nd pressman, maintain accurate sheet count and records for auditing purposes, work with sales and customers as required. Additional responsibilities may include ink mixing, cold matching, proofing, testing, ordering of supplies as required, disposal, roll outs and weekly inventory.
- Operate the Litho press to produce printed material according to specifications
- Monitor quality of product and take corrective action when required
- Monitor press operations and ensure registration and proper-ink water balance
- Maintain quality and color density of credit card sheets throughout runs
- Provide work instructions for Second Press Operator and ensure duties are performed in a timely manner
- Communicate requirements at shift change over
- Complete documentation for each job and function accurately - Standard Applications and Procedures (SAP) entries
- Keep all work area equipment clean
- Interpret information from job specific action sheets
- Maintain accurate audit forms
- Handling of core material (loading, stacking)
- Maintain the history of each print pass accurately
- Enter concisely into the daily print log at the end of each shift
- Mixing ink when required, ordering as well as inventorying all needed supplies
- Work closely with the Ink Technician to ensure proper useage of all ink products
- Work closely with the Inventory Clerk to ensure proper useage of corestock products
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs as required
- Practice good housekeeping daily
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Request raw materials accordingly, with quantity indicated by the daily schedule. Required to accomplish this task in a timely manner in order to meet all production timelines.
- When materials arrive from Warehouse, document on Warehouse material tracking log, and properly store the merchandise
- Ensure the ink area floor is maintained in a tidy and orderly fashion daily.
- Test all incoming inks using the proof press providing roll outs of each colour
- Proof of new inks are to be compared to the last shipment accepted and approved
- Proof and color match all specially formulated inks to match given Pantone Matching System numbers, previous run, or samples provided by customer
- Inventory all inks and related materials, disposals of all press and unneeded inks monthly
- Perform weekly maintenance as per maintenance specifications
- Keep accurate records of all roller and blanket changes
- Train and assist in the development of the Second Press Operator
- Update supervisor on product and/or equipment deficiencies as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with G&D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5-8 years industry knowledge preferred
- 3-5 years industry knowledge of the printing process and ink formulation is preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to interpret and comprehend information from job specification sheets
- Attention to detail and willingness to take initiative
- Must be good with problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Self motivated team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Ability to apply general common sense and courtesy
- Strong time management skills
- Must be quality conscious and motivated
- Customer focus mindset is preferred
- Ability to deal with changing workload and conditions
- High School Diploma is preferred
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality
- Safety shoes and smock required on production floor
- Physical bending and frequently lifting up to 50 lbs
- Requires recognition of colour correctness and alertness to details and instructions
- Power hand truck operation
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., 316 Markland Street, Markham, Ontario, Canada